>> Tests & Exam
BEST BOOKS FOR GRE QUANT
The New Revised GRE Quantitative Section is easy to crack, given the correct amount of preparation and practice with the right kind of material. While there are literally hundreds of books available for this niche topic, most of them are a complete waste of both your time and money. Selecting the best preparation material for you is as important as actually using it to study.
Before deciding on the Books to Use
Before you go out and purchase a GRE Quant preparation book, understanding the different parts of the GRE Quantitative section is a necessity.
GRE Quantitative Section majorly tests the following four areas namely
- ALGEBRA which includes Linear Equations, Quadratic Equations and Coordinate Geometry.
- ARITHMETIC which includes Decimals, Fractions, Percents, Ratios, Numbers and their properties.
- GEOMETRY which includes Lines, Angles, Triangles, Circles, Quadrilaterals, Polygons and 3D figures.
- DATA ANALYSIS which involves Probability, Statistics, Graphs, Tables, Charts and Distribution data.
The best books to ACE the GRE Quantitative are those which cover all these concepts, contain tips to ace them, also contain practice questions ranging from easy to challenging for each section of the GRE Quant. Since most books cannot offer all of the above together, the best results will require two to three books; one which explains each topic scientifically and elegantly, one which contains a large number of practice questions and mock test papers, lastly if you find yourself weak in a specific section, book which contains practice questions for that section alone.
GRE Manhattan or Magoosh?
GUIDE IN CHOOSING THE BEST BOOKS:
- ETS MATHS REVIEW: Created for students by the creators of the Graduate Record Examination themselves, it covers all the concepts asked in the actual GRE Quant Section with specific tips and strategies to ace every section. Once you go through the problems and the problem solving techniques in this book, half of your worries are over.
- ETS - GRE Official GRE Value Combo ($20). Includes verbal and quant book (618 pages).
- GRE Premier 2017 - Has 6 practice tests, online content and movile friendly.
- BARRON'S GUIDE: This book looks into every minute detail of each concept and provides a wide range of practice problems for each and every section. While the number of practice questions is not sufficient, the methods provided to solve the questions will save you a lot of time when giving the test.
- NOVA'S GRE GUIDE: This has been rated as the best book for GRE Quant Section by most test takers. It provides many shortcuts to understanding and remembering concepts through worked out examples. Practice problems are also provided in abundance.
- MANHATTAN GRE PREP BOOKS: These books render absolute practice as each book is specifically designed to cover each section in the GRE Quant. Since the difficulty level of the problems are quite high, if you can solve these problems easily within the time limit, chances of a perfect 170 score are high.
- KAPLAN GRE MATHS WORKBOOK: This book delves into every concept required to ace the test and the difficult level is also similar to the actual
- EZ SOLUTIONS - TEST PREP SERIES - MATHS PRACTICE - ADVANCED WORKBOOK - GRE: If you are now very familiar with all the concepts and are looking to upgrade yourself in both problem solving and speed, this is just the book. It offers a very high range of challenging questions and if you manage to get the better of them within the allotted time then, you are absolutely ready for the main exam.
- PRINCETON REVIEWS'S CRACKING THE GRE MATHEMATICS AND McGRAW-HILL'S CONQUERING THE NEW GRE MATHS: Both of these books provide an in-depth review with every type of question that appears in the GRE with complete practice sessions which focuses on improving your problem solving skills and time management.
If you make the most of the Practice and Preparation material which you buy, work hard, and manage your time well, you will definitely score high in the exam. Try to use free GRE quant tests and prep material on our website.
GRE Analytical Writing