graduateshotline logo - Home
Home >> Tests & Exam >> GRE :

Quantitative Reasoning Practice Test -3

For questions 1 to 3 please refer the following
The population of a city A in 2012, consisted of 45% men, 35% women and the remaining children. Of the children, 40% were female and 60% male. Of the men, 10% were over the age of 60 years and 25% below the age of 40 years. Of the women, 20% were over the age of 60 years and an equal number were under 40 years of age. The number of men increased by 4% in 2013 and that of women increased by 6%. The population of the town in 2012 was 200,000.

1. What is the number of men in 2013?
90,000
92,000
93,600
94,200


2. What was the number of adults above the age of 60 years in 2012?
20,000
23,000
14,000
Cannot be determined


3. What percentage of the population in 2013 consisted of children?
16%
20%
13%
Cannot be determined



4. In a basket full of balls, 60% are mangoes and remaining 40% are apple. 25% of apples are green and the rest 75% are red. Of the mangoes, 80% are red and the rest of the mangoes are green, What percentage of the green fruits are mangoes?
%


5. A train takes 10 seconds to cross a pole and 20 seconds to cross a platform of length 200 m. What is the length of train?
400 m
600 m
200 m
800 m

6. In the figure, O is the center of circle and OQP + ORP = 70�. Find ORQ



7. There are 10 multiple choice questions in an examination. First 4 have 5 choices each and remaining have 4 choices each. How many sequences of answers are possible?
45 * 54
45 * 64
54 * 64
None of Above


For questions 8 to 10 please refer the following
Mark (i) if Quantity A is greater
Mark (ii) if Quantity B is greater
Mark (iii) if Quantity A and B are equal
Mark (iv) if its not possible to determine which Quantity is greater


8. Quantity A: Probability of having 53 Sundays in a leap year
Quantity B: Probability of having 5 Sundays and 5 Mondays in February month a leap year

Quantity A is greater
Quantity B is greater
Quantity A and B are equal
Its not possible to determine which Quantity is greater


9. Quantity A: Last digit of the number 4444
Quantity B: Last digit of 125125

Quantity A is greater
Quantity B is greater
Quantity A and B are equal
Its not possible to determine which Quantity is greater


10. Quantity A: 22% of 333% of 4444
Quantity B: 4444% of 333% of 22

Quantity A is greater
Quantity B is greater
Quantity A and B are equal
Its not possible to determine which Quantity is greater






About GRE

GRE Quantitative

GRE Verbal

GRE Analytical Writing